Volunteers are critical to the success of San Antonio Pets Alive!
Volunteers can help at our adoption centers, medical clinic, administrative office and do a wide range of duties. Share your talents to help the homeless dogs and cats of San Antonio.
- Submit an online application which includes a Volunteer Agreement
- Complete digital orientation, pay the necessary registration fees, and sign the Release of Liability Waiver
- Ages 16+ must complete a City of San Antonio Volunteer Security Background Check if volunteering at ACS/151
- Take an online orientation and dog handling class
- Commit to a minimum of 1-2 hours per month
- Attend any additional training classes as necessary
- Court-mandated volunteers will need prior approval from the Volunteer Program Manager in order to begin volunteering
Minors between 14 and 17 years old can volunteer at our Medical Clinic doing non-animal handling activities. Volunteers under 16 years old must have a parent present while on-site.
Minors of any age can participate in a variety of off-site activities, please see DOCUMENT for more information.