Volunteers are critical to the success of San Antonio Pets Alive!
Volunteers can help at our adoption centers, medical clinic, administrative office and do a wide range of duties. Share your talents to help the homeless dogs and cats of San Antonio.
- Submit an online application which includes a Volunteer Agreement
- Complete digital orientation, pay the necessary registration fees, and sign the Release of Liability Waiver
- Ages 16+ must complete a City of San Antonio Volunteer Security Background Check if volunteering at ACS/151
- Take an online orientation and dog handling class
- Commit to a minimum of 4- 6 hours per month
- Attend any additional training classes as necessary
- Court-mandated volunteers will need prior approval from the Volunteer Program Manager in order to begin volunteering
We are currently revamping our volunteer program and are not accepting minor volunteers at this time.